V2 update from RazoRock: "We have updated the Hawk to a version 2 model. The shave geometry has NOT changed, so it will shave the same as our original Hawk, but we have made some noticeable improvements to the look, feel and blade loading of the razor. We hope you enjoy and appreciate them!"
Here are the V2 changes:
- The top cap has been rounded for a more organic and natural feel on your face. Shavers coming over to the SE world who previously only have DE experience will find the transition much more intuitive.
- We have changed the blade guide posts to pins. The pins allow easier and better loading of the blades, especially the guarded style blades.
- We have strengthened the safety bar on the base plate with a new three slot design. This will help prevent the leading edge from being dented if knocked around or if the razor experiences a small drop.
- We have updated the handle to our Halo ring design for increased comfort and feel. The handle also now includes a butt end which can be unscrewed to allow for a shorter format. In the future, we may sell different style butt ends, possibly in different materials, to allow for some small customization. Please make sure to drop us an email with your feedback on the new handle.
This razor accepts the following blade styles:
- FEATHER Professional Blade (aka Artist Club Professional)
- FEATHER Pro Guard Blade (aka Artist Club Pro Guard)
- KAI Captain Titan Mild (aka KAI Pinks)
- KAI Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG Blade (guarded blade)
*When assembling the razor and threading the handle on the post, please make sure not to apply excessive force because aluminum is softer than steel and can cross-thread and be damaged much easier. Aluminum on aluminum can squeak and be a little rough, you can apply a drop of mineral oil to the threads for smoother operation, if desired. When screwing on the handle with a blade inserted, we strongly urge you to hold the razor head inside a thick towel just in case it slips. BLADES ARE SHARP, so take great care when changing the blade in your razor
Weight: ~1.4 oz
Handle: 90 mm long and 12 mm in diameter
*The RazoRock Hawk razors do NOT come with blades, all blades are purchased seperately.